• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not getting my final paycheck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grace77

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New Mexico

I recently resigned from a small title loan business, would not do a 1099, and was treated unfairly, sent a letter of resignation, and requested my final paycheck be returned to me, no response or check....I was workig part-time....hellllp, what do I do.

seniorjudge

grace77 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New Mexico

I recently resigned from a small title loan business, would not do a 1099, and was treated unfairly, sent a letter of resignation, and requested my final paycheck be returned to me, no response or check....I was workig part-time....hellllp, what do I do.
Sue them in small claims court.

grace77

How do I do that and is it expensive....do you think there is a reason why they did not want to do a 1099, is the co. legal or ?

grace77

?

It is a small title loan business....and I dont even think they have a repossession license....he never picks up the vehicles, he pays different people to do it....why does he not do it on his own? I dont know why he didnt want to file a w-2.....I dont know if he is doing this leagally or illegally, how would I find out?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">