• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not hired because I look too young

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RedDucRider

I was not hired for a personal training job because I literally "looked too young," however I met all other qualificatons (I am 18). They told me this after two weeks of not contacting me back. I then called the EEOC and a someone there said the law only had to do with people 40 and over and could not help me out nor give advice. I will try to talk to an investigator monday at the EEOC. If anyone can give me any word of advice I would very much appreciate it. Thank you

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

RedDucRider said:
I was not hired for a personal training job because I literally "looked too young," however I met all other qualificatons (I am 18). They told me this after two weeks of not contacting me back. I then called the EEOC and a someone there said the law only had to do with people 40 and over and could not help me out nor give advice. I will try to talk to an investigator monday at the EEOC. If anyone can give me any word of advice I would very much appreciate it. Thank you

My response:

You've got nothing. You'll be going nowhere fast with this complaint.

IAAL

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, I have a word of advice. Don't waste your time calling the EEOC back on Monday. They'll only tell you the same thing.

At the Federal level, age discrimination begins at 40. You do not have a case with the EEOC. Period. You can call as many times as you like, and every time they're going to tell you they can't help you.

If you had followed the instructions at the top of the page, I would have been able to tell you if you are in one of the VERY few states where you MIGHT be able to eke out a case at the state level. But you didn't. So I can't.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">