• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not keeping track of hour changes properly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

robospider

In my last job I was a manager. We had a slide computer clock in system. If someone didn't clock in we had to go into the computer and change their time. The computer changed the time and printed out 2 sheets that stated what was changed. The employee had to sign one and the managers the other.

I am from missouri.

Now for my question. I know for a fact that my upper manager changed times without telling people and can prove it. Is this legal and can I get a class action suit against him.

J

JW8

first, how many people are we talking about? second, you know for sure because you are either looking at the computer log or you have the actual discarded sheets showing who changed the times? third, the people who's times were changed did they complain or file a dispute with the employer over hours worked vs. pay? fourth, do the other employees have proof of their actual times of arrival and actually punching in that can be disclosed by court order? things of this nature could include security tapes, computer logs, etc..also, anything actually physically proving this was done by the manager is another problem unless you have some proof. but, if you have the proof and others are willing to testify in court, call your states closet Department of Labor office and file the complaint and make sure you are ready to go through with everything and so are the victims.

R

robospider

My question is if I can prove that one person was cheated is the onus then on them to prove that they didn't cheat other people.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">