• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not paying for vacation time earned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

perk

I work in Okla. worked for 1 year with this company ( Jan. to Jan.) My fist paycheck in Jan. showed I had earned 48 hours vacation. I quit in the middle of Jan. Now they say they are not paying vacations when you quit the company. Also, They dropped the amount of pay for holidays off (I get paid by the job not the hour, so we get a set amount for holidays and sick pay) starting in Jan. but we didn't receive notice of this change they just said this starts the 1st of Jan. and now are sending out updated company policy booklets. Is this legal?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
yes to the second question. They are not required to have sick pay or paid holidays at all, so they can make changes whenever they want to. At most, they might have to use the old rate from January 1 until the date you were notified. That means the date they told you, not the date they send out the updated handbooks.

As far as the first question goes, however, my list indicates that vacation payout upon termination is mandatory in Oklahoma. (It is not mandatory in all states.) Check with the OK DOL to be certain since my list is old, but if I'm right they will have no option about that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">