• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sending a sicknote in

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dosaha

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey City

Been very depressed and forgot to send in sick note from doctor can my employer sack me...as I havent been thinking striaght

pattytx

We don't have nearly enough information to say.

Have you been on FMLA leave, intermittent or otherwise?

dosaha

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey City

My husband has been been very depressed and forgot to send in his sick note from doctor can the employer sack him..as he havent been thinking striaght
The problem is that he is employed in the the US but the doctors cerft is from London as this is where he is working at the moment, I am not sure what sick leave he is on ....as he doesnt want to talk to anyone about it. We only found out that they had not receievd anything recently but has been n two weeks leave.

This is not the first cert, he has been sick for 8 weeks now its the last sick note that was not faxed over...as he had lost all hope

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Unless he is on FMLA, and even if he is on FMLA if this is the initial certification and it's been more than 15 days, yes he can be fired if he did not submit required medical documentation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">