• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not sure which forum to post this.. but here it goes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobbybautista

What is the name of your state? Virginia

ok lets start with this.. I did no get fired.. I quit on my former job.. everyone watched me walk out.. and most of them walked out behind me as well...

with that said.. let me tell you the story..

I use to manage a night club.. a very small nightclub...
I ran the nightclub very well atleast the locals thought so..

my boss and I had disagreements and well I quit on him..
well he didnt like that very much and started to talk to the customers that come to the nightclub (many of them are good friends of mine) and said he fired me for stealing (which is definately not true)
also.. he went to my former employer and told the owner he fired me for stealing...

Now I know there are deflamation charges..

also.. former managers he has done the same thing as well... and also he made me fire an employee for suspection of stealing and went around stating to many that she was stealing as well...

I really want to put an end to this man.. I just think its wrong for this man to do this... You just cant go around and say someone is stealing or doing wrong when you know they are not... and that there was no proof.. I dont know how you guys feel about thieves but I hate a thief.. and stealing is just so wrong.. please any insight on this will help me out greatly.. I am currently looking for an attorney to take this case.. but I am pushing this as far as I can go... I dont care about money.. I just want an appoligy

Beth3

You can't put an end to this man but you can potentially sue him for defamation. I suggest you consult with a personal injury attorney. Part of the challenge in pursing a claim though is what damages you can claim. You don't seem to have suffered any "real" damage (i.e. loss of a job) because of his lies, although in some cases damages can be presumed. The question is whether your damages will outweigh the cost of litigation and how likely you are to prevail. Only an attorney can advise you on that.

bobbybautista

Thank you

Thank you for your speedy response....

basically... i dont care about money i just want this man to know that he cannot go around doing this to me or anyone else.. in another words.. teach him a lesson...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">