• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not sure if it is the correct forum

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flyboynm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NM

I am currently out on disability leave. Another agency (I work for a federal government contractor) is demanding I perform work-related activities in regards to my security clearance. I have multiple Doctors that have told me I am to not have anything to do with work or any work related activities at the present time. The other agency is still demanding I perform this work despite my telling them about what my Doctors are saying. Is it legal for the outside agency to make me do this work? When I was at work, any time I had to do anything with this agency, it was considered work time.

ecmst12

What does your actual employer say? Are you on FMLA-protected time? They are demanding that you perform work "or else" what?

flyboynm

My employer feels that the time spent with this outside agency is work related time, otherwise they wouldn't pay me for travel to the location nor would they pay me for my time spent there.

I am still on FMLA (protected) time. That ends in late Oct.

ecmst12

If your employer supports you, then tell the agency to talk to your employer. Sounds like a bunch of empty threats and intimidation - if you don't work for that agency, then they have no power over you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">