• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure what to do...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lachelle0373

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
I had given notice to quit my job because I was moving. Well that changed and I was wanting to stay at my job. In the meantime, I had injured my back and had gone through physical therapy and was fully recoverd by the time my "end date" had arrived. I talked to my supervisor and HR Director and they told me that I could not cancel my notice due to my injury...they were afraid I was going to reinjure myself. So I have been umemployed now for over a month with no luck. Are they able to do that? What's my next step to find out if this was legal on their part?

Beth3

Once you gave notice of your departure, the employer had no obligation to let you rescind your resignation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">