• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

nursing caps

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

erin gauthier

from MA.my employer has mandated that all their nurses wear caps.we have male nurses in our facility. when questioned why caps must be worn, it was stated to differentiate between nurses and cna's. however, our male nurses do not wear caps. i find this a sexually discriminating tradition and i am curious as to how good of a case i would have if i were ever threatened with termination because i refuse to wear it. I love nursing but i believe caps are best left as a historical aspect besides also been proven as a notorious germ carrier. thank you for any help in this matter.

L

lawrat

If they are proven to carry germs, then there seems to be no other reason to only have the women wear them. I say you stand a good chance to get this settled quietly before the appropriate boards get involved, not to mention the EEOC.

http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">