• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Offer letter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pshafe

I recieved an offer for a part-time job 3 months ago for a new business scheduled to open early Nov. After accepting, attending training sessions and turning other offers down. I was called this week before ever having worked that I was being let go. Reasons given; I didn't need the job, husband successful, health reasons (that I was up front with before being hired) Can I recieve compensation for time I received offer letter to Nov. 1 since I stopped looking for work after receiving offer, and did they have the basis of my termination for health reasons, which by the way, would not have caused me to miss work.

B

buddy2bear

Sounds to me like they found someone cheaper than you! How about going and filing a charge with the EEOC? I've heard that "husband doing well, don't need the money" stuff and from a law firm I was employed with - didn't stay long - I would say a form of gender/sex/marital discrimination. Stupid people, think I'm working 'cause I like to! None of their business and sure makes you want to work harder! As for health - try Americans With Disabilities Act -- so long as you can still perform the essential functions of the job, with or without an accommodation, they cannot discriminate and/or refuse to hire based on health! ADA is the ticket!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">