• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Offer Letter acceptance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pakyabhai

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

Hi all

I signed and accepted an offer letter 2 weeks back. However a couple of days back I got a better offer which I am more inclined to take. Hence I was wondering if there are any legal complications involved by not joining my first job even though I signed the offer letter. Is it fine for me to just accept the second offer and let the first employer know that I have changed my decision.

Kindly let me know any feedback.

ThanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mlane58

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

Hi all

I signed and accepted an offer letter 2 weeks back. However a couple of days back I got a better offer which I am more inclined to take. Hence I was wondering if there are any legal complications involved by not joining my first job even though I signed the offer letter. Is it fine for me to just accept the second offer and let the first employer know that I have changed my decision.

Kindly let me know any feedback.

ThanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
No legal complications at all---it was an offer letter and not a contract. Just make sure you are not burning any bridges by doing so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">