• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Offer letter for employment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

theconfused

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania. I was offered a job several weeks ago, by phone, that I accepted. I am moving into a townhome soon and the leasing agent needs proof of income. I am currently unemployed. The leasing company is aware of the job I have lined up but they need an offer letter. When I called and asked for an offer letter they informed me they would not provide one. Do you have any suggestions on how to handle this? I intend to go to their office first thing Monday and speak to them in person.

Hot Topic

Uh, oh. If the leasing company won't accept a letter from them, and you don't have a copy of your own, you don't have a job.

ecmst12

They are not required to give you an offer letter. And until you start working, you are unemployed and have no income.

CourtClerk

And I wouldn't go up there bothering them unless you would like for them to start reconsidering their offer....

The last thing you want to do is to present yourself as a pest before you're even an employee.

Betty

Until they make you an actual final (not tentative) offer that you accept & start working, you have no job or income.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">