• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Offer letter revoked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bethdod

What is the name of your state? Texas
I was given an offer letter at the end of November 2005 and accepted the offer. I then quit my job, in order to start the new job. Part of the offer was a specific base salary, plus commission. My start date was originally December 1, 2005. Two days before hand, my start date was changed to January 1, 2006. As I had already quit my job, I had to find temp work for the month of December. Then, just a few days before January 1, 2006, I was told that the company would no longer be paying a base salary, they were only offering a commission. Do I have any action against them, since I gave up a job based on their offer letter, and they broke that contract with me?

mlane58

since I gave up a job based on their offer letter, and they broke that contract with me?
They didn't break a contract since all you had was an offer letter--Big Difference!
Do I have any action against them,
I would say NO as they didn't recind their offer, they changed the way the compensation would be paid. If they had recinded the offer you might have had some recourse, but again they didn't recind the offer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">