• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Offer Letter Revoked in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Vader

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was given and accepted an offer letter from a company in Florida. The letter stated position, title, salary and start date. Letter was signed by myself and the HR Director. The job would have been a higher salary and title than the job that I was at. I turned in a two week notice at the job I was at. Two days before my start date, I was contacted via phone and told that the offer was being revoked due to financial losses suffered from huricane Wilma. Do I have any recourse against the company.

seniorjudge

Vader said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

I was given and accepted an offer letter from a company in Florida. The letter stated position, title, salary and start date. Letter was signed by myself and the HR Director. The job would have been a higher salary and title than the job that I was at. I turned in a two week notice at the job I was at. Two days before my start date, I was contacted via phone and told that the offer was being revoked due to financial losses suffered from huricane Wilma. Do I have any recourse against the company.
Q: Do I have any recourse against the company.

A: No.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">