• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

offer rescinded without cause

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zgaka08

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was verbally extended an offer of employment by the President of a small company and told details would be sent by mail shortly by another employee. I called several times to the office after days past and I had not received anything. One week after the last communication I called and was then sent by email their decision to rescind because the position is no longer available. The job is out of town, what recourse do I have if plans had been made to move along with other expenses incurred communicating with them about my "position?"

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I promise you, there was a reason. No employer rescinds a job offer for no reason. The reason may have nothing whatsoever to do with you; it may have been business related and would have be rescinded regardless of who had received the job offer. But I guarantee you, there was a reason.

What, if any, legal recourse you have is too situation specific to be dealt with on a message board. You MAY have a case for "detrimental reliance" or you MAY have no case at all. It will depend on specifically what reason they had for rescinding the offer and exactly what damages you have suffered because of it.

You should speak to a local attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">