• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Offer Withdrawn

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

washcontr

What is the name of your state? Washington

Essentially, this is the situation. I got an email laying out an offer (contract till the end of the year and the hourly rate, the permanent salary as of next Jan on a Sat that said I had to accept/reject by Mon).

I accepted the offer both by email and phone.

Another email AFTER this, stated that they were happy to have me on board and I would be getting the written contract in the mail soon with an "FYI" section that said their client had to approve me first (this was NEVER mentioned before this), but with my strong qualifications, this should only be a formality.

Subsequently, the client rejected me and the recinded their offer.

This was a high paying position and I have forgone several other opportunities. Are they in breech of contract? Do I have recourse?
Thanks.

Beth3

You will need to speak to a local attorney to determine if you have a claim for detrimental reliance.

washcontr

which would be why?

A contract consists of:

An Offer - Done
An Acceptance - Done
Consideration - Done

Specific contractural terms (length, pay, etc..)

Did NOT inform me (prior to or WITH the offer) that there were ANY contingencies.

So WHY EXACTLY would there be no case???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">