• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was offered the position and then 4 days later change of mind, please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jseaman

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA

I was offered a job position with a new company. I went through 2 job interviews over a span of month. The HR rep told me that I was offered the job and provided me with the salary, hours I'd work and start date.

She wanted me to do a background test and drug test. The background and drug test came up fine and they offered me the job and was mailing me out the job offer letter to sign and mail back. She provided me that Jan 30th was my start date.

Three Days later after I put in my 2 wks notice with my current employer, she said that some guy in the company received a bad reference that I had poor work performance, which is a complete lie. All my reviews with that company in the past I worked for 4 1/2 years left 5 months ago on good terms and trying to come back. They didn't tell me who said this.

Now my predictament I spoke with my manager and I can't get my current job back and will lose that job, plus I don't have the new job. I'm married with 3 little kids and now I'm losing benefits and a salary that helps me and my family. What are my rights? I have no offere letter? never mailed out.

I have receipt of drug test, and confirmation of background was fine.
Can I have a lawsuit against the company for telling me I had a job and then going back on their work because someone said something negative and lied.

The thing is I know their is a woman who is a manager and doesn't like me because she liked me and I was married and she's did this to other people in the past and have been sued and got out of it.

Please help.

Email me : [email protected] If possible.

Thanks, Jeff

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">