• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

offered and retracted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

graceful

What is the name of your state? nh

I applied, was interviewed and offered the position. I was asked to get back to HR in one week with my decision. I did that , calling in one weeks' time accepting the job in this medical establishment. A few days later i received an email stating that the job offer was retracted. My notice (naturally) was given at my prior job ; I was replaced there at the end of two weeks. Now I have NO job. What are my rights??

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

graceful said:
What is the name of your state? nh

I applied, was interviewed and offered the position. I was asked to get back to HR in one week with my decision. I did that , calling in one weeks' time accepting the job in this medical establishment. A few days later i received an email stating that the job offer was retracted. My notice (naturally) was given at my prior job ; I was replaced there at the end of two weeks. Now I have NO job. What are my rights??

My response:

Please copy and paste the e-mail that you received, deleting all names.

IAAL

P

Pfaffing85690

Our bloodhound smells the trail....

We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming.

G

graceful

re:email with a twist

The following email should actually state the full intent and meaning of "conversation" - it was A JOB OFFER.:

"I'd like to apologize for the delay in getting back to you and the confusion surrounding the xxx position. However, since our last conversation, the decision has been made to continue closing the xxx at 5:00pm. Therefore, at the present time, we no longer have a fulltime position to offer you.

We would welcome the opportunity to offer you a position in the future as our needs change or a position becomes available.

Thank you for your extreme flexibility and the opportunity to meet you. Please contact me if I can be of any help."

Sincerely,
xxxx

G

graceful

posted as requested

I am ready to receive my free advice now .
Many thanks.
Graceful

mykoleary

Re: posted as requested

graceful said:
I am ready to receive my free advice now .
Many thanks.
Graceful
Look for a new job to pay the bills.

OR, you can beg your old employer for your job back hoping they'd rather have you on knowing you may leave again at the cost of not having to train someone new.

G

graceful

good common sense but...

mykoleary,
I will consider your advice and thank you for it.
Do you think this behavior on the part of the employer is illegal in any state???
Thanks again,
graceful

Beth3

"Do you think this behavior on the part of the employer is illegal in any state???" It's not a question of it being illegal; it's whether the employer has any civil liability. That would likely only be the case if the employer purposefully defrauded you. That is, they made you the job offer knowing that the position didn't exist. There's no reason for them to do that so it's extremely unlikely that was the case.

While it truly stinks that they went out and recruited someone when the employer had not planned properly, it's not illegal. The other possibility is that some unforseen event occurred internal to the organization between the time they offered you the job and then retracted it.

G

graceful

I see now how it goes!

Beth3,
Thanks for the sincere advice. This institution did not have their act together albeit at the time of my interview I was offered a very real position , vitally crucial in their eyes , with the intention to provide the physicians in the area extended early evening hours of service. For whatever reason , they abolished the position after I was offered it !!!! The extended hours service is now nada. Really stinks , really stinks; there are very few opportunities in my line of work with all the gov't cuts, noninsured, effects of our healthcare crisis. I am not able at this time to relocate. Thank-you again.
Graceful

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">