• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is Oklahoma an at-will state?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The only state that is not at least nominally at-will is Montana, and even Montana follows the doctrine of at-will in some situations.

B

bayouboi66

CheeseBlotto said:
Yes, it is.
Then what states are not at-will and how can I get this law reversed because Its not fair how some people are fired here and this I think is a lot of the reasons for high unemployment. :mad:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Read my response.

If you want to see the law changed, you will have to lobby for the change through your elected representatives.

I wouldn't count on seeing any major changes to at-will employment in the current administration.

pattytx

So, did you read cbg's response?

You change employment laws just like you change any other laws. You get the state legislature to care enough about your issue to get laws passed. What, we have to give you a government lesson, too? :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">