• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

one thing led to another

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ilovebrandi

What is the name of your state? MN

This actually started when I took my employer to concilliation court in the summer for not ever giving me my years raise. The employer won because he said I moved to another facility when in fact he moved all employees to another house. Then we got a new supervisor that never did her job or followed rules or policies. She started writing me up and had others write me up. I have always gotten good yearly reviews and was even staff of the year for two years. I have been there for 4 and a half years. Knowing this companies ways I knew things were going to start happening because I made waves and they don't like that. On Dec 19 2005 I was called at home and told not to come in because they had a VA on me {abuse to a vulnerable adult}. I went in and met with them on 12-23-05 and was told I was given a VA for intimidation of staff and consumers, and I was suspended without pay until the investigation was complete. I knew this was not a legitimate VA but a way for them to get rid of me and give my position to someone at a lower rate of pay.

I received a letter from the employer on 1-3-06 and it stated the VA was found to be unsubstantiated and I could return to work. I could not return to the position I had but had to take another position at a lower rate of pay. If I did not contact them to take this other job by 1-9-06 they would assume I resigned. Is this legal for them not to give me my position back since they filed the unsubstanstiated VA and how would this affect my unemployment if I don't take a position at a lower rate of pay? Thank You

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Unless you have a bona fide contract that says otherwise or a court has ordered them to return you to the same job, yes, it is legal for them to put you into a different job.

Only an adjudicator from your state can tell you for certain how your UI would be affected but for the most part, if you turn down work you don't get UI benefits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">