• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oneway Mirror

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amigas

What is the name of your state? California

My employer (a doctor) just put in a one-way mirror in the insurance department. He has not informed the staff of it's presence, but it is painfully obvious.
Does he have to inform us? Are any rights being violated here? What about if they put up a camera behind it?
We (the staff) feel very uncomfortable about being watched. Not to mention the message it sends: Employer does not trust employees.
I have worked there for 5 years & the AR has increased by close to 50% in that time so I do not understand the lack of trust. Nor have I done anything that would warrant the trust to have been lost.
Any insight you have to offer would be appreciated.

H

hexeliebe

There is nothing illegal about a one-way mirror, a camera or even a guy named Bubba standing over you for 8 hours a day.

A bit tacky yes, but illegal no.

M

mon38rider

amigas-

This is sick! It may not be illegal, but how could you ever relax knowing someone is watching you. A boss who tries to intimidate people into being honest is a real loser. Wow. I hope you can find a better place to work. This ranks up there with bosses who scan their employee's e-mail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">