• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

opinion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Starry809

What is the name of your state? Washington state

My (ex) employer stated on his refusal of my unemployment, that he had called me to return to work and I refused. He also stated I did not show up for my scheduled shift. He stated I quit, when he laid me off.

I have printed out my phone records (gotta love Vonage Broadband and their records online), and it shows calls received from the place of employment a few days before my "lay off" but nothing afterwards. (proving the company did have a current number to reach me and also proving he, nor any other person called me)

I have an appeal in with the unemployment department scheduled in a few weeks, via phone. I have sent the agency a copy of the phone activity proving no calls received.
(there are MANY MANY other lies I sent them proof of but this was my main concern).

Question: Because I have provided proof no calls were received since before the date of my lay off, this proves he lied in the statement to the Unemployment Department. Can the fact that he lied, and it was proven, hinder his side of the case, based on his credibility? Would lieing on one part of the paperwork make the rest of his statements questionable?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">