• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oregon State Police Employment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jennyinoregon

What is the name of your state? Oregon

I was witness to an off duty Oregon State Police Officer smoking pot. He told me that the state of Oregon does not readomly test police officers after hire date. Is this true? I work for a trucking company and we have to test our drivers randomly every month.. seems a shame to put my life in the hands of a stoned cop.

dequeendistress

What did the Office of State Police state when you reported this officer, date of event, circumstances and other possible witnesses?

JETX

"Is this true?"
*** I don't know if it is true or not, but they will certainly test if you file a conduct complaint with the state police.

J

Jennyinoregon

The police officer I reported it to said it was hearsay and that I had no proof. therefore it is against the law to require a police officer to take a drug test.

JETX

"The police officer I reported it to said it was hearsay and that I had no proof. therefore it is against the law to require a police officer to take a drug test."
*** And that is a load of crap... and doesn't answer our questions.

Did you, or did you NOT, file a complaint about the officers conduct with the state police??

JETX

dequeendistress said:
(I am sitting on a link to the State Police in question)
Damn!! I hope that doesn't hurt!!
Or does it vibrate and you're not complaining??

J

Jennyinoregon

First, I'm sorry, I walked away and didnt have time to get back on line until today. Second, I live in a very small town where 90% of these people are back woods redneck alcoholics. The police here have a "God Complex". I did NOT report the police officer to the officials but did go into the local police department (not manned 24 hours a day because the town is too poor to pay for it) and talked to another officer and told him what I saw. He told me that I had no proof and that they do not have to take drug tests. I assume if I report them to the proper officals then he would be required to take one, but on the other hand the officers here would make my life and my family's life unbearable. Doing the right thing in a town full of idiots (I'm from California) isn't always the best thing to do. I would like to know if the State of Oregon has random drug testing for all officers. I know they do for the truck drivers that I dispatch. I believe they should do the same for Oregon State officers. I'm sure the Portland Oregon Mayor would like to know that her officers are "above the law".

L

loocpoc

Why not contact the Department of Public Safety standards and training and request an investigation. They can request that the officer take a drug test and if found that the test comes back positive then his certification can be revoked however if you file a false complaint, Id suggest getting a good lawyer for the criminal charges and lawsuit that would follow.

J

Jennyinoregon

I appreciate your help and advice. I'll stew on it and decide later. I am in fear of the saftey of my family. The police officers here pretty much run the town. Sometimes I guess its best to keep your mouth shut. TaTa

dequeendistress

Look, if you really saw this happen, don't you think that by calling the DPS and reporting it would end the cycle of corrupt police, otherwise it looks as though you have a personal vendetta. You have already told someone on the dept. about what you allegedly witnessed. There is no way out for that officer if it was true, short of trading samples with a "clean" person.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">