• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oregon- What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joe_mallery

my name is joe mallery and i am having a problem with my place of employment. starting in november my hours started to drop, going from 40 plus hours a week to less that 20. when i started my employment i was told that i was a full time employee and have resently come to find that i am in fact part time.
that being its own problem i have not worked in over two weeks because i was not scheduled to have hours. i have made attempts to contact the office to find the next time i work, and was told i was not on the sheduel. today i went to pick up my check only to find that my boss says i quit**************i infact did not and have had to apply for unemployment benifits just to keep a roof over my head.....what can i do

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You've already done it; you've filed for unemployment.

Unless you have a legally binding contract guaranteeing you a specific number of hours every week, it is the right of your employer to schedule you for as many or as few hours as he has work for you. If he only has 20 hours of work for you, he only has to schedule you for 20 hours. If he has no work for you, he needn't schedule you. "Being hired as a full time employee" has no legal significance unless you have a bona fide contract that says otherwise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">