• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

overseas contracting employee laid off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cwalling

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? VA

My contract recently expired, and although, it has been renewed, I am in a state of waiting for paperwork, rebids, etc.

At first my company asked me to use vacation time or leave without pay during this period. Now the contract is up for rebid, so my current company may lose it. Prevously, my company floated (still paid their salary)during times like this. But they cut my pay off immediately. I was told I have to move back to the states as soon as possible, and I was also told by my program manager here to wait to see who wins the contract. No one told me what my time limit is to wait in Germany for the new contract to start. They just say as soon as possible. I can't find any legal documents on this. I feel like my company doesn't know, or isn't being forthcoming with telling me what is/isn't legal in this situation.

Also, can I file for unemployment while I'm here?

What is my company obligated to compensate me for as far as my relocation back to the states?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">