• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

overtime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mkschu

I am an hourly employee at a long term care facility in Va. The 8/80 law is used, although I am not a medical employee.
I was informed today that 1/2 hr is deducted for a break daily, fine. But I was also told that even though I often work more than the 75 hrs/14 days, I will not be paid for that time without authorization. The administrator refuses to authorize anything, including paid vacation time, so I will not be paid for work already done. Reaction is: too bad, you should have gone home, even though that would have meant a reprimand for work undone. We use a Kronos time clock where I punch in and out, so the extra hours are on record. Is non-payment of wages legal under these circumstances?
mkschu

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">