• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OVERTIME UNPAID & RAISE DENIED

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

keli888

A week ago I had a review w/my manager for my raise and at the time I was under the impression that I was going to receive the new pay plus retro. But during this time I have found a new job and gave my 2weeks notice. as of today, I was told my raise was not appove by the regional. The reasons that was given to me were all b.s. During this 2years that I've been working w/this comp. there were hardly any days that i do not work O.T. the comp has not compensate all the Overtimes, even when the OT were put in, my mgr was unhappy. she expect me to leave on my schedule hrs, but I can't if the comp does not have enough staffs and she doesn't know how to perform the end of the day duties. The only concern I have right now is that I'm thinking of suing this comp but due to the fact that it's my words against theirs, the only proof that i have at this point are my witnesses. Have any suggestions?

B

BeckerLegal

Are you in California?
California law requires employers to keep accurate records of the time worked by non-exmept employees. If your employer has no record of the time worked (i.e. time sheets and time cards) the employee is in a good position. Where the employer does not track your time, if you kept a record of the hours worked on a calendar or elsewhere, the burden will turn to the employer to disprove you worked the time. Likewise, if you always work nine hours per day five days per week the burden shifts to the employer to disprove. The case in California is Tovar-Hernandez.

I recommend contacting an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">