• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

owed vacation pay after termination

• Thread starter blownalcohol454
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blownalcohol454

texas . i earned vacation of two weeks. i used one week. i was terminated before i could take the second week. i feel that the unused week was part of my wages but ex-employer will not pay.
what does the law say about this issue. do they owe me or am i just out the money?

JETX

Claims for unpaid vacation are not uncommon and generally arise from confusion regarding how vacation time is accrued and the actual dates involved.

So, we would need to know when your hire date was, what was your termination date and what EXACTLY is the company policy for determining earned vacation.

Then, once you determine whether your are in fact entitled to unpaid vacation pay, you can determine what legal action, if any, you decide to take.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">