• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Owed wages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

azspaz

My wife works for a custom design house in Prescott, AZ for the past 4 years as a Show Service Manager that oversees shipping, client needs and the installation and dismantle of Trade show exhibit property all over the country. Recently her Co. hired a new General Manager to restucture the Co. She was told her position was going to be phased out but they will keep her on her present salary and will be in sales. This week she was told she would have to take a $10,000 pay cut with more responsibility. Our concern is my wife's Co. owes her over $13,000 for commisions and personal credit card charges for show service needs on the road used when Co. credit card was maxed out. This has had to be done many times over the past 4 years. We feel that the Co. will soon be sold, she is now trying to get the owner to sign a prommisary note secured against sale of equipment or assets. What legal course can she take to get her money? Also is a verbal agreement regarding salary valid in the state of Arizona? Thanks in advance!

ALawyer

She can make sure the owner acknowledges it and promises to pay. My sense is he will not secure it. A lawyer might write a letter on your behalf and that may do the trick.

------------------
To retain a lawyer, I suggest you go to http://AttorneyPages.com which is endorsed by the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. This response is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. As you are not my client I have no obligation of any kind to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">