• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paid 3 days suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Iamvero

What is the name of your state? California
I was asked yesterday to leave the office and to come back next Monday at 2pm for a final decision regarding my possible termination. I work for a non profit organisation in san Mateo county. I was 6 month ago the manager of the worker resource center for the latinos community. I met someone "a client" to whom I never gave service however he was a client due to the fact that he came to the center hoping to get a daily job. He and I after almost a year now, have started a relationship. In July last year, my director decided that I would switch job with a case manager. I took his job he took mine. Rumors lately have come to the attention of my management that I was indeed dating someone that I met while managing the worker resource center. Even though my relationship does not interfere with my job, nor integrity with my responsability, I was asked yesterday to leave for further investigation on my behalf. I was so shocked that I could not defend myself. I was asked to give the key of my office and not to come back till my next meeting on Monday. There are no rules what so ever in the employee book regarding case manager and client relationship, we do not have a human resources department, we do not have a case manager regulation manual, ethic code etc... I am a serious employee, I have excellent references in my job, so far everything was great and for some reason a co-worker spread the words. What shall I do? How can I defend myself? I find this reprimand extreme as well. I appreciate anyone comments, good or bad.

Beth3

Even though my relationship does not interfere with my job, nor integrity with my responsability That's your opinion. Your employer may not be of the same mind.

There are no rules what so ever in the employee book regarding case manager and client relationship, we do not have a human resources department, we do not have a case manager regulation manual, ethic code etc.. None of which matters. Your employer is free to take whatever action they feel appropriate if they have concerns about an employee's relationship wth a client.

What shall I do? How can I defend myself? What you should do is to show up Monday as requested, answer any questions asked of you regarding your relationship with the client, and see what happens. The ball is entirely in your employer's court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">