• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paid Administrative Leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealth

What is the name of your state (only Chicago.law)?

What are my rights as private sector exempt employee placed on administrative leave with pay? What can I do preparing for my review?
Direct complaint from an internal employee.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You have the right to cooperate with the investigation and hope that it clears you. There is nothing even remotely illegal about placing you on administrative leave, particularly paid administrative leave.

As for how to prepare for your review, since we have absolutely no idea what kind of complaint is being investigated, I'm afraid we cannot help you.

swalsh411

You gain zero additional rights by being placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation. Your employer is not a court of law and you are not a suspect held by the police. You may fully cooperate or refuse to cooperate or anything in between. You have no right to present evidence. Your employer has no legal duty to consider any evidence you might have, even if it exonerates you. If if they know with absolute certainty that you did not do whatever it is you are accused of, you can be fired anyway.

If you are terminated, you have the absolute right to file for unemployment. If your employer cannot show credible evidence of misconduct, and you have enough wages in the lookback period, you will likely be approved for benefits while you look for a new job.

Beth3

What are my rights as private sector exempt employee placed on administrative leave with pay? What can I do preparing for my review?
Direct complaint from an internal employee.

The ball is in your employer' court. You have the right to wait and see what they decide to do next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">