• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paid Commissions and Unemployment Possabilities

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kjh642

On October 23 I gave my employer notice (was going to work for antoher company opening an office in my area).

My employer then informed me that they were not going to keep me the two weeks and that the 25th was going to be my last day......

Here's my 1st question
Commissions, because I gave my 2 weeks notice...what rights do I have on products that I have sold through the end of the 2 weeks to collect commissions on??

Here's 2nd situation, on the 26th, I go to meet my new employer and he informs me that the company isn't going to open an office in the area after all...they scrapped the plans (thanks a lot) and yes I have already consulted an attorney for that)

Here's my 2nd question:
Since, i had given notice to my employer and they released me that Wednesday....Since technically, they fired me...do I qualify for unemployment insurance???

Thanks for any help, I certainly appreciate it

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">