• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paper Applications

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MarilynLV

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

My son has a disability and is working with a state funded job counselor. This morning she arranged to meet him at a large chain toy store, to apply for a job assembling bicycles. By the way, he is qualified for the job, he can fix anything.

The shift manager said they only accept online applications, not paper ones.

The job counselor had a paper application, issued in the past by the company.

Do they have to, by law, accept paper applications?

To complicate matters, their website does not support MAC computers, which is what we have.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I am in MA and I am not aware of any law that requires them to accept paper applications.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

My son has a disability and is working with a state funded job counselor. This morning she arranged to meet him at a large chain toy store, to apply for a job assembling bicycles. By the way, he is qualified for the job, he can fix anything.

The shift manager said they only accept online applications, not paper ones.

The job counselor had a paper application, issued in the past by the company.

Do they have to, by law, accept paper applications?

To complicate matters, their website does not support MAC computers, which is what we have.
Stop by the local library to use their machine.

And, try several different browsers. If Safari doesn't work, perhaps Firefox will...

Beth3

Do they have to, by law, accept paper applications? No. An increasing number of companies are only using electronic employment applications these days.

A very good recommendation from Zigner - stop by a library and use one of their PC's or ask a family member or friend if you and your son can stop by so he can complete an on-line job application.

ecmst12

In fact, I BET that state-funded job counselor has a computer where he can fill out the application.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">