• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PARENTAL LEAVE OF ABSENCE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JEANNIE3

I am a mother of two (2) children under the age of fifteen (15) months. When my maternity leave was over I asked my employeer for a year of Parental Leave of Absence. I was denied. This would not have upset me except for the fact that they have a history of granting leaves for religious purposes (missionary tours). I work for a major corporation who would not have to endure any undue hardships due to this leave. I feel as though I have been denied because I am a women in a profession that is mostly male. They have ganted leaves for several men to do volunter missionary work for up to a year. Men that do the exact same job as I.. They have used the excuse that the others were out of the country. This may be true, but they were out of the country because they choose to be not because the were required to be. Just as I choose to stay at home with my babies for a year. Do I have any hope of contesting this issue. Thank You, Jeannie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">