• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Past Drug User

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Black305Barbie

I live in Miami, FLORIDA

I'm filling out an applications to become a local police officer or a corrections officer, and on the application it asks me have I used drugs and if so how many times, I was wondering if I should lie or tell the truth. I have but would that effect my chances of getting hired?

Black305Barbie

Beth3

I can't tell you what the ramifications are for telling the truth but the consequences of lying are significant. If the employer discovers you lied on the application form, they will bar you from further consideration from employment or, if they discover the falsehood after you are hired, will terminate your employment.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There's no possible way anyone here can know what the employer's criteria is for hiring, and what affect it will have on your hiring prospects if you admit to illegal drug use.

However, Beth is absolutely correct that if you lie and get caught, that is grounds for immediate firing or, if you have not been hired yet, placing your application in the DO NOT HIRE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES pile.

Did you really expect someone on a legal site to advise you to lie on an application form?

TCA

Additionally most law enforcement agecies will require you to take a Polygraph as well as an oral board at some point during the application process. If they determine or suspect that you are being dishonest at any point you will be out of the hiring process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">