• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Past employer refuses to pay expenses due

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

opposum

California

I resigned from a non-profit in California. I submitted legitimate expenses and receipts as required. I received notice that they are "holding" payment of these expenses because they can't find receipts for previous expenses that they have already paid me. There is no dispute that the current submitted expenses are legitimate, they just want me to go back and re-find receipts from the past two years that they say I didn't submit. They've already paid that past expenses, can they really hold payment of my current expenses until I re find/file the old ones?

Thanks so much for any help.

Cheri

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
They not only can, but should, require that receipts be submitted in order to receive reimbursements.

Start looking.

opposum

Clarification

I have. For clarification, I submitted receipts and was paid for expenses in 2006. When I quit in 2007, I submitted my 2007 expenses and receipts. Now, after the fact, they say they cant find the receipts for the 06 expenses that were paid last year. To my knowledge, they should be on file with the accountant. However, I did not keep an additional set of copies for myself.

The 07 expenses are submitted with all receipts. They are holding them saying that since they can't find the 06 receipts for which they have already PAID they are holding the 07 expenses.

Sorry if it's complicated.

Betty

You might have to file a claim with the Ca. DLSE or file a lawsuit against the employer for payment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">