• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

past felony charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alicelly

What is the name of your state?oregon
I am employed through a temp service. My boss asked if I would like a application for employment directly with the company But after filling the app. I was told Icould not be hired because I have past felonies And company policy says anyone with felony charges are not elgible to be hired.
Isnt this discrimination?

Shay-Pari'e

alicelly said:
What is the name of your state?oregon
I am employed through a temp service. My boss asked if I would like a application for employment directly with the company But after filling the app. I was told Icould not be hired because I have past felonies And company policy says anyone with felony charges are not elgible to be hired.
Isnt this discrimination?
No it is not. The employer has the right not to hire a convicted felon if they choose.

Get used to it, and realize it is not discrimination by a long shot.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It is not ILLEGAL discrimination. Most discrimination is entirely legal.

There is nothing in Federal law, and I cannot find anything in your state law, that prohibits an employer from denying you employment on the basis of the fact that you have multiple felony convictions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">