• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pay cuts and terminination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

murphb96

I'm in MA...if my employer wants me to significantly restructure my pay (such that my base salary is cut in half or worse), do I have to accept that? If they tell me to accept the restructuring or leave, would I be eligible for unemployment benefits (as in being laid off)?

Thanks for any help.

JETX

Q1) "if my employer wants me to significantly restructure my pay (such that my base salary is cut in half or worse), do I have to accept that?"
A1) No. You can decide to move-on down the road in lieu of accepting the pay 'restructuring'.

Q2) "If they tell me to accept the restructuring or leave, would I be eligible for unemployment benefits (as in being laid off)?"
A2) Depends entirely on your states requirements for qualification.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">