• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pay me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimmynojob

What is the name of your state? arizona my question is is it true that an employer has 72 business hours to pay me in full after teminatiion? also is it true they have to pay my hourly rate 24 hours a day untill paid in full?

pattytx

The 72-hours rule only applies if you were involuntarily terminated (fired). It actually is the earlier of 72 hours or the end of the next regular pay period.
If you quit, the 72-hours rule is not invoked and the next regular pay day is acceptable.

The state DOL website is down at the moment, so I can't give you the link to the law or check on penalties. However, if you are not getting your paycheck when the law requires, file. At least it will force the final pay issue, whether you benefit from the late payment further or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">