• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pay reduction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gw234

I work in NJ for a comapny for 10+ years as a manager and have been given base salary of XX with incentives, our company was taken over by a large corporation and I was told the following:

Because the large company is evaluating us certain incentives have to be removed (mainly I am now reduced $10K). Our division must show a "profit". My base has stayed the same.

I have two questions:

The incentives were for supporting customers after hours and a percentage of service contracts. This had been shared amongst several employees. I do not know if this redsuction also applies to them. Can I be singled out? Do they have to do the reducstions across the board? What are my legal rights?

My boss has also indicated that I may be able to get incentives doing more sales related work or projects. Depends on the new company. Should I seek a job reclassification?

P.S. If I ask H.R. the above questions I am afraid of retaliation or a revenge firing from my boss. He has me giving a suboridinate more of my management responseability ( I do not know if HR is aware of this).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">