• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paycheck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blessed

My son was fired from his job a week ago and his employer refuses to give him his last 2 weeks of work. The reason why at first because there was a robbery at the store and he was a subspect until they played the video tape of the store showing that he wasn't involved. It came back clean that he was no where there or on the tape but they are still refusing to give him his check. My son it 21 years old but not to familliar with the law. I used to manage a store and it was understood when an employer fires of lets an employee go he has to pay them their wages owe within 72 hours. Can you lead me to some site that states this so he can confront his employer about the labor law because I know that they are trying to shaft my son out of his money. Thankyou sincerly, concerned mother.

B

BeckerLegal

In California, the employer is required to pay wages upon termination if employer fires the employee. If employee quits, payment must be made in full within 72 hours. If payment is not made in full, employer may be penalized for failure to pay. Penalty is one day's wage for each day wages remain unpaid (up to thirty).

Call a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">