• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paycheck held for waiver...Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kaleesb

i quit my job with a convenience store this week and now my employer won't give me my final paycheck unless i sign a waiver. the job has been a stressful one due to the amount of liquor and gas theft and i was the only person on the night shift. i am 5 foot nothing and 110 lbs. do i have to sign the waiver to get my paycheck? i live in tulsa oklahoma.

B

buddy2bear

I do not think you have to sign a waiver to get your paycheck. I suggest that you call your State's wage & hour division and ask them. You can also put in a report to your area's Better Business Bureau. Sometimes the BBB will intercede quicker than W&H. If you want to really use a "big gun" call your State's Attorney's office and see what they can do/suggest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">