• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paying back Draw

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

barvis316

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I worked as an outside salesman for a local company and was paid on a draw. The company that I had worked for there was no money to be made from November to April so I drew about 2k in the time while sales were down.

I was hired by a new company. Told my former employer that I was leaving. This was on a Friday late afternoon. He asked me where I was in my draw. I told him that I was obviously in the negative being the time of year. He then said to me that we may be able to work something out with the draw that owed if I gave my 2 week notice. I said that is great.

When I came back to work the following Monday I was told that he allready found someone to replace me and that he was going to "let me go" right away.. no hard feelings and thanked me for the work I had done for them in the three years that I had been there.

Two days later he sends me a letter saying that I am expected to pay him 2k for the past money that I drew during the slow time of the year.

My question is did I quit or was I fired. I just got a second letter saying that If I did not pay him the 2 thousand dollars that he was going to take me to court.

thanks in advance for any adivice.

moburkes

It doesn't matter if you quit or was fired, but it appears that he simply accepted your resignation early. However, the draw should be paid back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">