• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Payroll Deduction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rod2004

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I am a sales representative and my employer has made deductions from my payroll over the past two years for unpaid customer invoices and for product samples that are reimbursed by manufacturers. If I am reading the Illinois Wage Payment and Collection Act correctly, these deductions appear to be illegal. I am looking for verification of this before I demand reimbusement from my employer.

Thanks

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
That would be my understanding as well, at least insofar as the unpaid company invoices are concerned. You might want to check directly with the IDOL with regards to the product samples.

If your employer refuses to reimburse you, your next step would be to file a complaint with the IDOL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">