• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pension & Dismissal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

levy.shane

Hi there,

I am writing from the uk and was basically wondering something. My father has been dismissed for gross misconduct (he was stitched up by a couple of managers which have stuck together to get rid of him basically, sadly we cant prove that so we dont have a case for unfair dismissal) but my question is about his pension. He has paid into a pension for 36.5 years and recently the company has been letting employers take their pension out as the pension fund is struggling. Upon the investigation kicking off my dad enquired into taking his pension fun out and taking a lump sum payoff. He was told that he could and even if he was dismissed he could take it. This was never put in writing but on 4 separate occasions my father phoned up and they confirmed he will still get it with the most recent being after the actual dismissal. If they were to turn round now and say he cant take it, is there anything we can do as my parents need that money to pay the mortgage etc?

Kind regards,

Shane

justalayman

as the other member posted, this forum deals with US law only.

with that being said, concerning a pension in such a situation, if it were in the US, the answer would be withing the documents that control and direct the pension.

You father might want to start with any documents explaining the rules of the pension program.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">