• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Performance review

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lionheart

I work in Ohio. My supervisor recently did a mid-year performance review of me just before my team was transferred to another manager. In the review he raises a number of issues which I was not aware existed. Some of these issues were the result of coworkers having a problem with me and complaining about it to my supervisor, who didn't bother to tell me about the problem until review time. Others were his own problems with me which he similarly didn't inform me of at a reasonable time. His comments (one of which is that I will be fired if I don't improve on the points he made) are now a part of my permanent employment file, and I am just now learning about them. Is it legal for him to bring these issues up in this way?

Kevin

L

loku

It is legal unless he violated a set company policy in doing it. He may have been a bad manager, but he did nothing illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">