• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Permanent Probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

oldsailor

What is the name of your state? South Dakota

A friend of my wife's was recently placed on permanent probation and fired within a few weeks. She had been on probation several times prior to this, as she is a registerd nurse who attempted to do the duties required at her place of employment. Her employer had received complaints from the employees conerning her attitude. I have known this individual for several years and also know of the employees who were assigned under her. My wife had previously worked for the same employer and had resigned due to the type of administration management there.
I wood like to enquire if there is such a term as "permanent probation" in the state of South Dakota or any state.

I feel that this individual has been railroaded for doing what a Registered Nurse is expected to do when dealing with the health and welfare of her patients.

Thank you for your assistance

Beth3

It's the employer's decision whether to coin such a phrase and status as "permanent probation." It has nothing to do with State or federal law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">