• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

personal property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gerald wonkka

am a shift supervisor at a supermarket in ma. there is a new rule in effect that in order to get the keys necessary to perform my job i must hand my car keys over to my manager. i told her i felt unsafe and uncomfortable without easy access to my car keys. she wrote me up for insubordination and sent me home. is it legal to demand personal property as collateral for a tool necessary to perform my job?

J

jim40

Here's an idea, why don't you give her some old set of keys that are from an old car that you got rid of years ago, how's she to know if you're giving her the correct keys or not. I don't believe not giving up your keys to an employer is grounds for punishment. They have to have some reason like they think you have something in there that shouldn't be. I'm not a lawyer, just a reader her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">