• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pharmaceutical sales

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

salesrep1

What is the name of your state? NJ

Is it true that a Manager in Pharmaceuticals must treat every employee the same. I had heard rumors that a Johnson and Johnson Rep had been followed all week by his manager. Then when he was fired for not going to work. The manager was asked if he did that to everyone. The answer was inevitably no.

The rep won the case. Is this an urban legend or is there some merit to this? Thanks.

Litigation!

salesrep1 said:

Is it true that a Manager in Pharmaceuticals must treat every employee the same. I had heard rumors that a Johnson and Johnson Rep had been followed all week by his manager. Then when he was fired for not going to work. The manager was asked if he did that to everyone. The answer was inevitably no.

The rep won the case. Is this an urban legend or is there some merit to this? Thanks.

My response:

You're asking us if we've heard of a particular case. The answer would "inevitably" be "no."

Why don't you contact your State Department of Labor and ask them?

IAAL

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is no law that any employer, regardless of industry, must treat every employee identically.

However, an employee of any industry may not be singled out for adverse treatment BECAUSE OF a characteristic protected by law or because the employee applied for or utilized a benefit protected under the law.

I have no idea if the case you refer to is true or an urban legend. But IF it is true, if the rep won the case it was because the court found reason to believe that the basis of the termination was in a protected characteristic or benefit, and not because the manager did not do that for everyone.

In other words, if true, there is more to the story than the above.

Beth3

salesrep1 said:

(a) It's an urban legend.

(b) Presumably the manager had suspicions that this sales rep was not doing what he said he was doing (i.e. calling on clients) and following this employee confirmed that. If the manager only had suspicions about this one employee, why on earth would he "tail" everyone???

(c) Based on what you've written, I sure don't see that the rep had any "case" to begin with, much less that he prevailed in some legal venue.

I can't help but think that the entire situation is, at the very least, grossly mistorted if not in fact just plain old completely fabricated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">