• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Placed on Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) with false testimony.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

50Cal

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

My employer placed me on a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) based on false evidence. He says it's majority opinion from coworkers although the statements are false. I have evidence through email that these allegations are false yet he would not listen.

- Is the PIP a legal corporate document as it was generated using false evidence?
- What are the chances of me keeping my employment being that I've been placed on a PIP?
- Is there anyway I can get the PIP reversed?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The answer isn't going to be any different here than it was down the street. There still aren't any laws that you can invoke that will force the employer to reverse the PIP.

The answers remain:

1.) A PIP is not a corporate document. It is neither a "legal" nor an "illegal" document.
2.) That is entirely up to your employer. Many people continue their employment after a PIP. Many others do not. If you are asking if you it is a guarantee that you will eventually be fired, no, it is not.
3.) Not unless your employer chooses to reverse it. There is no law anywhere in the US that directly addresses PIP's/. The law still does not give one hoot if you are on a PIP or not and does not care diddly squat if you agree with the terms.

I like how you withheld a good bit of the information you provided elsewhere, hoping to manipulate the answers to be more to your liking. Quite a few of us post on multiple forums.

Proserpina

The answer isn't going to be any different here than it was down the street. There still aren't any laws that you can invoke that will force the employer to reverse the PIP.

The answers remain:

1.) A PIP is not a corporate document. It is neither a "legal" nor an "illegal" document.
2.) That is entirely up to your employer. Many people continue their employment after a PIP. Many others do not. If you are asking if you it is a guarantee that you will eventually be fired, no, it is not.
3.) Not unless your employer chooses to reverse it. There is no law anywhere in the US that directly addresses PIP's/. The law still does not give one hoot if you are on a PIP or not and does not care diddly squat if you agree with the terms.

I like how you withheld a good bit of the information you provided elsewhere, hoping to manipulate the answers to be more to your liking. Quite a few of us post on multiple forums.

And there's always the "insomnia" thread, too.

Even if it's not the case, it DOES look like OP is looking for a way to force the employer to keep him on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">